Saturday, July 23, 2011

Following God's Plan for our Family Size

We were done. No more. 2 was enough for us, a boy and a girl. Our 3 bedroom house has plenty of room. We had always wanted 4 children, but I had two difficult deliveries (all because of 2 drugs, pitocin and an epidural). Both pregnancies I was sick and during my first one, I developed RLS which has never gone away. So the thought of getting pregnant again was just not an option as far as we were concerned.

Did we consult God? NO!!!

Several years ago I was reading a book by Francine Rivers called “Atonement Child.” I will need to tell you about the book, for you to understand what happened in our lives. The book is about a young girl in college who is engaged to a future preacher. The young girl gets raped and then ends up pregnant from it. Everyone in her life tells her to get an abortion, even Christians who say abortion is wrong. They tell her that it can’t be God’s will for her to have that thing (baby). Her boyfriend leaves her. She has no one to turn to except God. The only friend she has is a guy who listens to her. He is the only one telling her to keep the baby. Ok, so now the end of the book. Because she decides to keep the baby, her parents marriage gets restored (it was in bad shape), an abortion doctor decides to change his career and deliver babies instead of aborting them, and she finds her true love in this guy friend.

While I am reading this book, God spoke to me.
He asked, “Do you believe in abortion?”
I said, “No God, you know I don’t.”
God: Even in a rape situation.
Me: I used to, but now I don’t. I believe you create life.
God: I know this is a fiction story, but do you believe I created life in her
to bring about good in other peoples lives.
Me: Yes.
God: Do you believe I am sovereign?
Me: Yes.
God: Do you believe I know what’s best for people?
Me: Yes
God: Do you believe I know what’s best for you?
Me: Yes God, but I don’t understand.
God: You don’t believe in abortion. You believe that I am the giver of life.
You believe I am sovereign and know what’s best for you.
Then why are you preventing life?

Wow what could I say. That night I went to sleep and dreamed of Heaven. Of course there were people there that I knew and blessing I saw that I had received while on earth. But then over in the corner there were people there that I didn’t know and blessing I had not received while on earth that I should have. I asked God why don’t I know these people and why didn’t I receive these blessings on earth. He said, “Because you chose to prevent life without consulting me. This is what you would have had if My will were done and you had had another child.”

Apparently, God had been dealing with my husband on the matter, because when I approached him about what had happened and about another baby. He was ok. Not what I expected. We believe that God calls both people in a marriage. So I knew that this was all God.
We decided to stop preventing life and let God decide. 5 months later I was pregnant.

Now let me tell you that I am not one of these people who want 12 kids or 10 kids or a truck load. So I prayed to God and this is what He asked me,
“Do you believe I answer prayers?” I answered, “Yes.” Then He said, “I answered Abraham’s prayer for a child. I answered Hannah’s prayer for a child. I answered Leah and Rachel’s prayers for children. I also made Sarah barren and I closed up Rachel’s womb. If I can open or close a womb and I answer prayers, don’t you think I would answer yours not to have any more children?”

I thank God for revealing this to me, because I couldn't imagine life without our third child.  He is a joy and pleasure to be around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment